Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Modern, but Some More Colorful

Design by Cathy Hobbs
  • I like the modern look of this one, but the group of three mirrors hanging on the wall and the gray and white rug really aren't speaking to me. Not even whispering. And who doesn't love a good picture of a horse? (Unless, of course, it's hung in a living room).



Design by Kellie Clements

  • The way the light filters through this one looks great to me, so it may just be the photo, but I really like the colors. I could definitely see that pillow, those curtains, and maybe even the bird in my own room.


Design by Kellie Clements
  • I love how everything (other than the chandelier and the flowers) is so simple and streamlined, but is done in fun colors and patterns. (All of the colors used in both the one above and this design happen to be my favorite, so that could influence my opinion just a bit). The only thing that this room doesn't have going for it in my eyes would have to be the brick floor. While I definitely can like floors like this, it just isn't working in this room.

You can catch both of those designers on the all-new season of HGTV Design Star starting this Monday on HGTV. (Emily Henderson and David Bromstad, two of my favorite designers, were both winners of the show).

No comments:

Post a Comment