Sunday, July 24, 2011

Why You Should Start Watching 'Secrets From A Stylist'



As you read this, I'm almost positive that you're imagining a businessman in a suit with an HGTV logo on it, but,
A. That would be tacky
and B. I promise you I'm just a totally normal person (check out my Twitter, you'll see that I am definitely no businessman) that enjoys HGTV's shows and finds several of them very interesting.




First of, I practically fell off of my chair last night when Emily Henderson (@em_henderson) replied to me twice on Twitter, first when I said that I preferred her voice-over and second when I took almost all of my 160 characters to create a hashtag telling everyone to go watch her show (#EverybodyGoWatchSFASCauseItHasTheBestHostEver).




Anyways, the reason that I recommend her show is because first, of course, her finished product is amazing, second, her "style diagnostic" will tend to always make you think "What would I choose?", and lastly, this season she is doing an especially great job of telling you how to equal out visual weight, see what colors go together, find out how many fabrics makes the room too busy, etc. Basically, if you're an aspiring designer like me, you will find this show very helpful as, unlike most HGTV shows, she actually explains why the room looks the way it does, and how you can make a room like just as good as hers (that is, if you have the eye for design and, of course, the budget that she does).


So, while I may be the teensiest bit biased as I did get to talk to her on Twitter, I still love her and her show and hope that you watch Secrets From A Stylist. Also, I hope that you believe me that I am not a walking advertisement hired by HGTV. And for the record, Emily Henderson has mentioned me twice on Twitter and Genevieve Gorder (Dear Genevieve, Design Star) has replied to me twice in comments on Facebook. My next target: David Bromstad of Color Splash and the mentor on this season of Design Star.

2 comments:

  1. I met David Bromstad at my gym in SF! (After staring at him shamelessly for far too many workout sessions.) It made my life. Loving SFAS, too!

    ♥ Emily (not Henderson)
    http://littlebitsofdelight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Emily! I really appreciate the comment, thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete