Saturday, July 16, 2011

'Design Star' Episode 1 Review

Sorry that it's five days after the season premiere, but I was in Florida this week with family and our number 1 rule in Florida is that you don't watch TV. Believe it or not, I love the no TV rule. Anyways, here's my review.


I'll start out by saying that I predicted the winner of the challenge as soon as I saw that Kellie would be working on it. Just sayin'. I loved Cathy's designs from HGTV.com, but as Leslie picked out almost everything in the room, she was the best from their group for me. Of course Kellie and Karl's was my favorite, as I am obsessed with yellow and aqua. I was thrilled that Blanche went home, since it was terribly obvious that she was extremely full of herself. Sorry for the big words, but it makes me feel exuberant to use words that make me feel like I'm smarter than I actually am.


As I was saying, Kellie and Leslie are my favorites right now, but Karl and Mark are close behind. I barely remember J, and I just watched it, so that can't be a good sign. Also, Tyler is highly annoying to me, and Meg needs a serious ego-check. I can't even remember the names of the other two, so they were obviously very entertaining (extreme sarcasm) but I do remember the irony of the fact that you were supposed to "RELAX" with bright orange walls caving in on you. I didn't hate Doug, but he didn't make really any impression on me, so next Monday I wouldn't be surprised if I am watching and then think "why did they add a new designer?". That is not good.


So there you have it, my review for the first episode of HGTV Design Star. Please check back Monday for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment