Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Few Pieces of Furniture That I'm Using In My New House

If you don't know me personally, you probably don't know that I have recently moved, and am in the process of designing rooms! My family is letting me help them design almost all of the rooms, and my bedroom is gonna be all me. The rooms aren't near finished yet, but here are a couple pieces of furniture that I will be using:


First off, my bed is from the Malm collection at IKEA (one of the best places to shop if you're into modern furniture).

Obviously, my room is aqua and gray, and I will be using yellow and maybe even some red as accent colors. The bed should be coming in August 11 and after that I'll start getting bedside tables, chairs, rugs, lamps, the works.

Next are some couches the we found on Walmart's website. I know it's not exactly as high-end as most designers would like, but it will go great in our all-gray bonus room, which is basically for me and my friends.


Since the room is already pretty dark, and can only get darker with these couches, I've decided to get a light cream-colored shag rug to go in between them, and colorful pillows and other accents to go around them. The couches should arrive before August 4, but could be as late as August 10.

I know it's not much to go on, but I can imagine it and it looks awesome! Now, as long as my imagination can coexist with my budget, I'll be in good shape. I'll also be posting pictures of the final product as soon as I can, as I hate to give sneak peeks of unfinished projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment